ICBC COVID-19 Update
We are now able to do most transactions by phone and email. Instead of coming to see us as you’ve done in the past, just fill out the form linked below and one of our staff members will get back to you. Otherwise you can just call us at 250-388-5533.
We thank you in advance for your patience as due to higher than normal call volumes and longer transaction times you may experience a longer than average wait time to complete your transaction. Wonderfully dedicated staff members are trying really hard to maintain our service standards.
We greatly value your business and together we will all get through this challenging time.
ICBC Renewal Request Form
Frequently Asked Questions
What information should I have with me when I call?
You will need:
- Your Driver’s License
- Easy access to e-mail
- A credit card for payment or;
- If you plan to switch to monthly pay, you will need a scanned void cheque or pre-authorized debit form to email
- If you are looking to receive a discount on next year’s renewal for driving less than 5000km, we will need a recent picture of your odometer emailed to us
How will I sign the documents?
During this time, you must consent to receive personal information, insurance forms and, if applicable, banking information by email. This consent will work in lieu of a standard signature.
What transactions can I complete with you?
We’re now able to complete all ICBC transactions. Most transactions are able to be completed by phone, but you will need to visit one of our offices to complete the following transactions:
- Transfer of a vehicle
- Out of Province Registration
- Estate Transfer
- Any transaction that requires a New Plate
Please see our walk-in service hours below for the current hours of operation.
I’ve called your office and I can’t get through—what should I do?
Our offices are currently receiving a much higher call volume than normal and, due to the new procedures, each transaction is taking longer than normal. However, if you complete this form a broker will call you back to complete your transaction.
What if I need to cancel my insurance?
We are able to process cancellations over the phone also. You will require all the same information as needed to renew. You may also be required to bring in both your license plates and the non-registration portion of your insurance documents. We are currently accepting drop off of those items at all locations between 10Am-4PM. Or you can drop those items off at our Cloverdale location mail slot at any time.
If I renew over the phone how do I get my decal?
- Once the renewal is complete we will mail you a stamped hardcopy of your documents along with your decal.
- If you need to use your vehicle before receiving your decal, you may do so without a current decal, however, once you receive your decal, it must be displayed.
- Law enforcement have been advised that there may be some people driving without a current decal. Police can confirm whether someone’s insurance is current by checking CPIC and the ICBC databases.
Service Hours by Phone
- Mon 8:30am to 6:00pm
- Tue 8:30am to 6:00pm
- Wed 8:30am to 7:00pm
- Thu 8:30am to 7:00pm
- Fri 8:30am to 7:00pm
- Sat 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Sun 9:00am to 5:00pm
Walk-In Service Hours
- Mon 10:00am to 4:00pm
- Tue 10:00am to 4:00pm
- Wed 10:00am to 4:00pm
- Thu 10:00am to 4:00pm
- Fri 10:00am to 4:00pm
- Sat 10:00am to 4:00pm
- Sun 10:00am to 4:00pm (Fairfield & Sidney only)
- Holidays 11:00am to 3:00pm (Fairfield & Sidney only)
ICBC Renewal Request Form
From Our Blog
Summer is a great time to update your home, so here are some home maintenance tasks to keep your home safe from insurance claims too!
Camping is a great activity to spend time outside, but don’t forget about your home! Ensure your home is as safe as possible while you’re gone.
Although it usually doesn’t cover all scenarios (like COVID-19), business interruption insurance can be a lifesaver for businesses in some circumstances.